Strategic Investors in Four Target Sectors
Platte River focuses on investing in industry sectors where its principals bring unique experience, relationships and insights.
Aerospace & Transportation
Industrial Products & Services
Energy Products & Services
Agriculture & Chemicals
- Well established businesses in Platte River’s target sectors
- Owners and managers who seek a value-added partner
- Annual revenue of between $20 million – $250 million
- EBITDA ranging from $7 million – $30 million
- Add-on acquisitions of any size
- Scalable business models with protected market positions and strong customer relationships
- Control investments in management buyouts and recapitalizations
- Equity investments between $25 million – $100 million
- Partnerships with families and entrepreneurs in the first institutional capital raise
- Selective minority equity investments in companies in need of growth capital
- Corporate carve-outs
- Prudent use of leverage to facilitate navigation through business cycles and to enable operating and capital investments that drive growth
- Building a strong foundation
- Attracting and retaining top talent
- Establishing long term strategic goals and key performance indicators
- Implementing / upgrading information technology
- Investing in future growth opportunities
- Launching new products & services and investing in sales & marketing
- Investing in capital expansion projects
- Evaluating, executing and integrating complementary add-on acquisitions
- Leveraging the networks of Platte River’s principals
We build long-term relationships with entrepreneurs and family owners.
Platte River’s principals have worked together for more than a decade and remain the largest collective investor across its funds.
We capitalize companies prudently to enable us to invest in and drive portfolio company growth.